Does your kid ever wonder what it would be like to play music onstage, wear a police badge or go fishing with a park ranger?
At the Partners in Parenting When I Grow Up Festival on Sunday, January 14, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, kids can do all of that and more. The main event will occur in the ballroom of the Asian American Resource Center at 8401 Cameron Road, Austin, TX 78754. Food and drinks will be sold onsite from a variety of great food trucks.
Tables will line the ballroom and professionals will interact with the children to share the tools of their trade. On the Mainstage, kids can learn about artistic and entertainment fields through children’s musicians, storytimes, dance, yoga, and other exciting performances throughout the day.
- 10:00 - 10:15: Griffin Student Musical Performance
- 10:15 - 10:30: Slavin Nadal School of Ballet Performance
- 10:30 - 10:45: Children's Author Yolanda King presents MLK Storytime
- 11:00 - 12:00: Children's Musician Staci Gray Performs
- 12:00 - 1:00: Austin Musicians Much 2 Much Perform
- 1:00 - 1:30: Austin Public Library Native American Storytime and Performance
- 1:30 - 2:00: Bliss Kids Yoga Class
Guests who register prior to the event will receive a Swag Bag filled with coupons and goodies! (One per family while supplies last.)
Professionals who will be at the Expo:
- Yoga Teacher
- Sleep Consultant
- Music Teacher
- Elected Official
- Tuition Planner
- Toy Shop Owner
- Fire Woman
- Sleep & Potty Training Consultant
- Au Pair
- Book Seller
- Hair Stylist
- Soccer Player
- Baby Massage Therapist
- Cultural Educator
- Park Ranger
For the littlest explorers, a Baby-Friendly Room, stocked with toys from the Toybrary, will be available for rolling and crawling. Families will also be able to try out music and movement classes designed for young children.
Baby Room Schedule
- 10:15 - 10:45: Heartsong Music Demonstration
- 11:00 - 11:30: Baby Massage Class
- 11:45 - 12:15: Partners in Parenting Trial Session
- 12:30 - 1:00: Baby Wearing Class
- 1:15 - 1:45: Baby Sleep Class
A Mother’s Room, sponsored by Mother's Milk Bank of Austin will be available for a quiet, safe space for babies to eat and sleep.
We will also accept your diaper donations for the Austin Diaper Bank. Those who bring diapers will receive entry in our drawing.
The When I Grow Up Festival will be a free event held at the Asian American Resource Center, a City of Austin facility in the heart of Central East Austin. This beautiful space has lots of free parking, with additional parking space available right next door. The tree-lined Great Lawn provides a lovely place for kids and families to run and play. Food vendors will be invited to park next to the Great Lawn so that families can access lunch on-site.
To become a sponsor or vendor email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday January 14th, 2018 10am-2pm
Asian American Resource Center
8401 Cameron Rd, Austin, TX 78754
Sitting Up Sponsors
Rolling Over Sponsors